(Cross-posted excerpt from research I did for Raising for Effective Giving.)
Amazingly, no one has ever calculated the full economic impact of poker. Some top line statistics on poker’s annual worldwide economic impact:
- $5.16 billion in economic impact
- 108,240 jobs created directly and indirectly from live poker
- $1.25 billion in direct and indirect tax revenue from live poker
- 11,660 jobs created directly and indirectly from online poker
- $47 million in direct and indirect tax revenue from online poker
Read the full article here.